Hello there fellow gamers, here I sit on a breezy Friday afternoon with what is the creme de la creme of days off, the time in lieu day – I put in some hard work for a conference, and now I get to have the Friday off, but there’s more – its a long weekend so I get a four day weekend!. I am watching what I think is the greatest show ever, Futurama! I know someone, somewhere read that and gasped going, but what about Rick and Morty, great show it is – but I see it as a dark Futurama meets Back to the future.
Still not convinced? Let me give you my reasons to watch Futurama, at least my top 5.
- It was made my generation, so if you are in your thirties – have some social anxiety and don’t know who Takeshi 69 is then this was made for you.
- The show was smart, it asked Rick and Morty styled questions about the universe and existence before Rick and Morty, yeh, I know – how dare Adult Cartoons exist before Rick and Morty.
- The memes, shut up, and take my money! The show is still relevant via the memes, fry thinking, bender making something with blackjack and hookers.
- Fry and his dog that was the saddest episode on a show ranked second only to the ending of season 9 of scrubs, if you didn’t at least swell up with tears then I hope you never reach political power, you might kill us all you heartless bastard.
- The romance between two characters developed and became integral to the story – we got closure, unlike most shows the time in Futurama moved forward, and attitudes developed.
Hopefully, I convinced you, if not – then tell me why below in the comments.