Hello, there fellow games, what’s better than new? Nothing, new gives us hope and sets the tone for the future – but ultimately, it gives us a beefy PS5, Mark Cerny, PlayStation lead system architect announced on March 18th the specs of the PS5 which will be released during the holiday season 2020.
The big highlight here is the move to SSD, giving developers the ability to develop more massive open worlds, the system memory used more effectively and boot times faster than Sonic the hedgehog on Speed. On top of some excellent specs, we will also have backward compatibility; the top 100 PS4 titles will work on release – so there is no need to have your collection purchased by Gamespot for $3.00.
- CPU: AMD Zen 2-based CPU with 8 cores at 3.5GHz (variable frequency)
- GPU: 10.28 TFLOPs, 36 CUs at 2.23GHz (variable frequency)
- GPU architecture: Custom RDNA 2
- Memory interface: 16GB GDDR6 / 256-bit
- Memory bandwidth: 448GB/s
- Internal storage: Custom 825GB SSD
- IO throughput: 5.5GB/s (raw), typical 8-9GB/s (compressed)
- Expandable storage: NVMe SSD slot
- External storage: USB HDD support (PS4 games only)
- Optical drive: 4K UHD Blu-ray drive
Full tech radar article click here.
How excited are you? Is it like people showing you baby photos at work, or is it like riding the world’s best rollercoaster? let me know in the comments below.